The perfect place for kids to ski & snowboard.
For more than 45 years, our Peek’n Kids Program has been developing successful skiers and snowboarders. Our professional instructors and caregivers cater to your kids on and off the slopes, so that you can experience everything our resort has to offer.
Peek’n Kids is designed for skiers and riders of all skill levels. Our instructors will take your child on a safe and fun journey that will bring them back smiling and ready for more.
By dividing groups according to age, ability, and maturity level, our staff ensures your child will have a terrific time sliding on snow. They’ll make tons of new skiing and riding friends!
*All Peek’n Kids lessons MUST be booked online in advance.*
- Ages 4 – 12
- Lessons MUST be purchased online in advance.
- Peek’n Kids is only open Saturday and Sunday.
- Half Day Lesson: 10:00AM – 12:00PM or 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Full Day: 10:00AM – 3:00PM
- Lunch can be brought from home our purchased
for an additional fee.
- Lunch can be brought from home our purchased
- Arrive before Registration closes.
- Registration will close at 9am for the morning session.
- Registration will close at 12pm for the afternoon session.
- Includes a complimentary all-day lift ticket.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- If renting equipment, rentals are good for the entire day.
- Lessons receive a short snack break halfway through their lesson.
- Our facility is an adult free zone during our operational hours.
- Only Instructors and Children will be permitted in the area.
- The Lodge does offer large windows to look into our beginner
area to watch your young ones from the warmth!
END OF LESSON INFORMATION:
- Lessons will be picked up at 12:00PM (AM Session) and
3:00PM (PM and Full Day Sessions)
- Students will be picked up outside of Peek’n Kids
in-between the building and the beginner hill lift.
- Personal boots and belongings left in Peek’n Kids are
along the windows labeled in cubbies.
Peek'n Kids (Ages 4-12)
Kids Ages 12+
Skiers and Snowboarders ages 12+ are encouraged to visit The Learning Center and take advantage of our Beginner Special, designed for first-time skiers and snowboarders. They are also encouraged to book an exciting private lesson!
Have a child 4-12 years of age and do not want to put them in our Peek’n Kids Program? Private Lessons are for you!
*Private Lessons are available for any child ages 4-12 that does not wish to take part in our Peek’n Kids Program. Due to the need for individualized attention at this age, a private lesson is recommended to cater to a child’s physical, mental, and social stages of development.
Tips for a Successful Day
Whether you have been coming to Peek’n Peak for years, or if this is your first time, we’ve put together a few tips to help everyone have a fun day sliding on the snow.
- If your child does not regularly spend time away from you (ex: Pre K, babysitter, etc.) please talk to them and explain to them what they will be doing and what the day will look like so that they are excited and prepared to check in.
- Make sure to allow yourself PLENTY of time in the morning to get ready as well as have breakfast, we will start accepting students at 8:30AM and lessons will start going out at 10AM prompt.
- Dress your child in layers, dressing your child in warm layers will allow them to adjust their insulation as the day progresses, learning how to ski and snowboard can be physical for a child causing them to warm up quickly.
- Make sure to bring your child dressed in waterproof snow pants, jacket, gloves, neck up/balaclava (our apologies to grandma but knit mittens don’t block wind and hold moisture, making for a less than fun day on the hill).
- Make sure to bring your child dressed in 1 pair of socks (preferably ski/Snowboard specific), 1 pair is all you need, seriously. Ski and snowboard boots are insulated to keep your feet warm, and when your child wears more than one pair of socks, it can cause wrinkles/pressure points on the foot as well as restrict blood flow to the foot, causing their feet to feel colder!
- Goggles are strongly recommended; goggles help keep the wind and snow off of your child’s face/eyes, helping them stay warm, as well as helping any sunlight reflected by the snow. Sorry, we do not offer goggle rentals!
- If you are bringing your own skis/Snowboards, please make sure they are sized appropriately! Boots should feel like a firm handshake around the foot when buckled with the toes barely touching the end of the boot. If you recently purchased new boots for your child, did you have the skis adjusted to fit the new boot? Borrowing equipment from a friend or sibling can sound like a great idea. However, if the equipment is not fitted properly or properly adjusted, it can cause frustration when registering your child.
- Check in…From afar! We get it; you might be out riding and see your child’s lesson go by; we politely ask that if you want to see your child’s progress, you watch from a distance to not cause a distraction to your child or other students in the class, we’ll give you a full rundown of what we worked on at the end of the lesson.
- Check in with your child before lesson drop off, and make sure that they are feeling well and not displaying any cold or flu-like symptoms; we will not accept any child that is displaying any cold, flu/COVID-like symptoms. If your child develops symptoms during the course of the lesson, we will contact the emergency contact listed at registration, requesting you to pick them up.
- Be supportive and make this a fun day, whether your child went from beginner to riding the chair lift in their first lesson or if they need a little extra time working on finishing their turns, celebrate their successes and don’t put added pressure on them by making them think they have to make it onto a certain trail or lift by lesson end.
Private Lessons & Snow Experience
Perfect for kids who want to get better at Skiing & Snowboarding
Start your youngest snowsports enthusiasts on the slopes with our Snow Experience lessons! Designed for new sliders ages 2-3, this experience includes a 1-hour private lesson, an all-day lift ticket, and rentals.
- Helmets are required.
- Children must be potty trained.
- Cost: $80
- Only available weekends & holidays.
Want to learn more? Call our Snowsports Desk at (716) 355-4141 x 7350.
Private lessons are available for any student aged 4-12 that would prefer to learn in a one-on-one environment at their own pace.