Director of Marketing - Scott Enterprises
Full Time - Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Marketing Director for Scott Enterprises is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of marketing initiatives company wide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Development, production, maintenance, distribution of sales literature, presentation materials, communication tools, customer communication, and web support.
- Performs creative aspects of communications projects, including copywriting, editing, and design.
- Facilitates communications between internal business units, subject matter experts, legal, PR and production staff.
- Establishes project schedules and develops campaigns targeting specific groups.
- Assists in development of marketing plans and execution to ensure successful product positioning and launches resulting in increased wallet share and market penetration.
- Interfaces with marketing and communications teams to help direct and manage the development/delivery of marketing projects.
- Acts as a liaison for sales and internal creative resources.
- Leads assigned marketing projects, which includes developing marketing strategies, optimizing consumer user experiences, and analyzing marketing campaign data.
- Staff trade shows and promotional events as needed.
- Functional development of a consistent and cohesive marketing plan, and the execution of effective marketing campaign management.
- Develop and execute marketing campaign tactics to include marketing promotions, advertising and promotional programs, special events and entertainment, and sales support.
- Monitor and evaluate guest research, market conditions and competitor data, and implement marketing plan alterations as needed based on market intelligence.
- Analyze and report on all brand communication marketing campaigns and develop metrics and KPI’s to measure success of initiatives.
- Recommend media buying and advertising placement, with engagement in digital media including digital displays and social media integration.
- Write, edit and produce radio and television spots.
- Management of resort online presence, including maximizing e-commerce opportunities with business partners.
- Implementation and management of the Company marketing budgets.
- Manage and direct marketing staff to include recruitment, supervision, scheduling, project execution, learning/training activities, professional development and performance evaluation.
- Utilize various technology platforms/databases to analyze customer requests and proactively offer insight to improve the customer issues and challenges. Drive consumer engagement and build relationships on social media and other emerging platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Your Tube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Vine, Blogs, Yelp and Trip Advisor.
- Learn existing systems and make recommendations for a CRM Platform/Tools that will work seamlessly across organizations to capture required information and key points in the customer lifecycle, including: record keeping of customer information, tracking activity, generating pipeline reports and analyzing business opportunities.
- Partner with the Marketing, Sales, Reservations, Management and Ownership for guidance on collaborative/historical information necessary to oversee effective/personalized communications with customers, manage prospective customer relationships and maximize lifetime value strategies to increase profitability.
- Utilize organizations e-mail marketing system to organize and update mailing lists, send out all eblasts and collaborate with manager to create email marketing campaigns. Schedule eblasts, run reports and measure ROI
- Manage text message marketing campaigns that are effective and measurable and coordinate with vendor.
- Manage the cross-departmental brand voice and maintain a consistent brand image for all properties.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be analytical, creative, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of ROI-driven marketing, willing to push our business forward without necessarily being told exactly what to do next.
- Requires tact, diplomacy and a clear courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Excellent phone, computer, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work in a team and perform well independently, meeting position requirements without constant supervision.
- Must display a high level of professionalism and customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Marketing
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, hospitality/resort experience preferred but not necessary
- Previous supervisor experience, excellent project management skills-highly organized, results oriented and able to take initiative and lead projects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSValid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work night, weekends and holidays.
- Periodic travel required including travel to PA & NY (100 mile radius) and various industry conferences or events
- Traverse or maneuver items up to 50 pounds
- Constant moving about hotel properties, often in inclement weather
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now hiring for and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! Employees receive excellent discounts at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties.
There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Adventure Park, Banquets, Culinary, Golf/Golf Course Maintenance, Guest Services, Hotel/Housekeeping, Landscape, Maintenance, Pool, Restaurant, Retail, Spa, Management, Marketing, Supervisors and More!
The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 2-8 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311