Food & Beverage - Bistro 210 (Kitchen )
Full Time - Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Banquet Chef will provide assistance with daily operations, profitability, operating efficiency, public health/safety standards and customer satisfaction for Banquet Productions at Peek ‘n Peak Resort.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing:
- Use awide variety of complex cooking techniques to prepare meats, fish, vegetablesand other foods.
- Weigh,measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as instructed usingvarious kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Ensurefood is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature ofovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Observeand test foods to determine if cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting,smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Monitorline staff to ensure proper food preparation methods, portion sizes, andgarnishing and presentation of food.
- Coordinateassignments of banquet staff to ensure strict quality standards, economical useof food and timely execution.
- Facilitate a positive, high energy,productive environment to deliver superior customer service and ensure completeguest satisfaction.
- Inspectand clean food preparation areas, such as: equipment, work surfaces and servingareas to ensure safe / sanitary food-handling.
- Work in a team environment to complete departmentalobjectives and make recommendations for strategic planning.
- Partnerwith the Banquet Sous Chef to place orders, maintain inventory and operate withinbudget.
- Ensurefreshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of oldand new items, and rotating stock.
- Review purchase records/usage reportsto analyze operating costs and ensure adequate supplies with minimalwaste.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking deliverycontents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Maintain procedures to ensure (1)security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) enforce adherenceto operating instructions (3) minimize misuse of supplies to ensure tore-usable goods are wasted (4) analyze supplies / equipment and associatedexpenses, including preventative maintenance (5) research, evaluate andpurchase approved supplies / equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with Food & Beverage ManagementTeam, Executive Chef, Sales, Hotel General Manager and various departments toschedule and provide information on scheduled functions, special events andreservations.
- Train and monitor culinary associatesto guarantee all department / resort / company policies, procedures and safetyrules are followed at all times.
- Monitor weekly labor to adhere to budget, meet operational needs andensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Attend meetings as requiredto communicate effectively with various departments.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ableto perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven ability to calmlymultitask in a fast paced, high demand environment required.
- Working knowledge of food and beverageplanning, production, presentation/service and cost control.
- Ability to develop and maintaineffective operating and control processes to attain maximum efficiency whileensuring adherence to established guest service criteria.
- Superior leadership skills and abilityto direct diverse groups of associates at all levels.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and writtencommunication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office,including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint & internet research. Punctuality and dependability and, ifthe need arises, willingness to work non-scheduled shifts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of a technicalculinary education or apprenticeship program required.
- 3-5 years progressive experience in ahigh volume hotel, resort or banquet operation with a focus on fine diningrequired.
- 1-2 years supervisory experiencerequired; previous Sous Chef experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Alcohol awareness certification and/orfood service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local orstate government agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate andcontrolled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work inextreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly forone hour or more.
- Frequent handling ofobjects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself toperform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physicallygrasp supplies / cooking tools to lift off shelving and transport items up to50 pounds around kitchen area.
- Demonstrate safe handlingand proper usage of various kitchen machinery, including chopper, slicer, mixeretc.
- Constant performance ofcutting skills on work surfaces about 3 to 4 feet in height.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and variable schedule(based on business need) required.
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now hiring for and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! Employees receive excellent discounts at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties.
There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Adventure Park, Banquets, Culinary, Golf/Golf Course Maintenance, Guest Services, Hotel/Housekeeping, Landscape, Maintenance, Pool, Restaurant, Retail, Spa, Management, Marketing, Supervisors and More!
The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 2-8 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311