Housekeeper *Minor Friendly*
Housekeeping / Bell Staff
Part Time - Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Housekeeping Team will clean hotel rooms as assigned while ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness/safety to provide a premiere lodging experience for guests of Peek ‘n Peak Resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Clean hotel rooms as assigned while ensuring standard of cleanliness/safety with direction from Hotel General Manager, Resort Housekeeping Supervisor, Hotel Supervisor and/or Room Inspector.
- Use daily assignment boards and checklists to efficiently complete cleaning tasks from high to low
- priority within allotted minutes per room without compromising quality.
- Stock wheeled cart with cleaning supplies using designated sign out procedure. Fill and label chemical cleaning products as necessary. Transport cleaning supplies and linens/towels to assigned area.
- Execute specific procedures for cleaning hotel rooms during an overnight stay and check out.
- Pick up trash/debris, vacuum, empty wastebaskets and transport waste to disposal area.
- Scrub and disinfect bathrooms using designated chemical products, including floor, sinks, toilets, bath/hot tubs and showers. Polish wooden fixtures, including desks, dressers and night stands.
- Remove bed linens with each guest check out (or on guest request) and replace with laundered linens – no exceptions. Failure to remove bed linens after guest check out is a safety concern and will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Replenish supplies/toiletries and communicate product needs to manager or supervisor.
- Report damages, maintenance issues or safety concerns to supervisor immediately for resolution.
- Follow outlined procedures to report/log lost guest items for prompt return. Removal of guest property (including alcohol) for personal use is strictly prohibited.
- Deep clean carpet, ceilings, drapes, upholstered furniture, walls and windows appropriate chemical products and equipment as needed.
- Adhere to internal procedures for the use of chemical cleaners on designated materials/areas to maintain safety standards and prevent damage.
- Comply with OSHA’s Blood Borne Pathogen and Hazard Communication/Safety Data Standards, including proper use of protective equipment when cleaning up blood or other potentially infectious materials and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Acknowledge and interact positively with guests, anticipate guest needs and respond promptly to answer questions or resolve concerns. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find a team member who can help!
- Cooperate with appearance standards and dress code by wearing approved uniform on duty.
- Work as a unified team with Hotel/Condo Housekeeping, Laundry, Park Services and Bellstaff to ensure a superior lodging experience for resort guests and fulfill resort mission of ‘one mountain, one team.’
- Establish and maintain cooperative, productive working relationships with team members.
- Actively participate in team meetings and training/development programs, including sharing expertise with new hires.
- Report work related injuries immediately to manager/supervisor and Human Resources using appropriate Injury Report, even if not seeking medical attention.
- Read and understand contents of Resort Handbook. Comply with company, resort and departmental policies/procedures and federal/state laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical capacity to perform assigned duties with speed, detail and accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Reliability, responsibility and dependability to maintain high levels productivity.
- Ability to accept critical feedback calmly and make required adjustments to work performance in an environment where high stress situations can occur regularly as a result of business demand.
- Communication skills to interact with guests/management, collaborate with team and express questions or concerns in a professional manner even in difficult situations.
- Cognitive capacity to gather information through observation, reading instructions and other relevant sources and order that information into sequential tasks according to department procedures.
- Demonstrate integrity by making ethical and honest decisions in best interest of business.
- Accountability for personal/guest safety and adherence to departmental, company and OSHA policies/procedures for cleaning, safe chemical handling and potential risk of exposure to BBP/OPIM.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-year prior experience in housekeeping operations for a high volume hotel strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- (21+) with valid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required for associates designated to operate a resort housekeeping van.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing routine physical activities that require considerable use of arm/legs and entire body movement, such as bending, crouching, handling, kneeling, lifting (up to 50lbs), twisting and walking.
- Extent flexibility is required, including the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with arms and body.
- Using ‘trunk strength’ in abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly and continuously without fatigue. Handling and moving objects with hands and arms to use/move and manipulate.
- Demonstrating stamina when completing routine and repetitive physical task over long periods of time.
- Periodic exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain etc.) during travel routes.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is STILL HIRING FOR WINTER and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY!
Employees receive a $10 Season Pass plus excellent discounts on recreation and dining at Scott Enterprise owned properties!
There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Snow Sports, Lift Operations, Rentals, Terrain Park, Tubing, Guest Services/Tickets, Food & Beverage, Hotel, Housekeeping, Retail, Hotel, Housekeeping, Management and more!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311