Learn to Ski
Learn to Ski or Ride Month
Get 50% Off Beginner Learning Package
90-Minute Ski or Snowboard Lesson
All-Day Beginner Area Lift Ticket
All-Day Ski or Snowboard Equipment Rental
This package is ideal for first-time skiers and riders ages 12+.
Monday – Friday | 10am – 6pm | $25 (Regular Rate $50)
Saturday, Sunday | 9am – 6pm | $27.50 (Regular Rate $55)
No reservation required. Excludes MLK weekend. Beginner 50% off package is not upgradeable.
- Step 1: Purchase your BEGINNER PACKAGE at the Ticket Office located on the first floor of the Main Lodge. Weekday rate is $50 (discounted to $25 during the month of January) and $55 on weekends (discounted to $27.50 during the month of January. Excludes MLK weekend).
- Step 2: After you purchase your ticket(s), follow the yellow lines upstairs to the LEARNING CENTER where you will get fitted for your ski or snowboard rental equipment.
- Step 3: Meet your instructor! We have nationally recognized instructors that have grown up loving the sport of ski and snowboard and are ready to break down this incredible lifelong sport into easy steps to help you get started. Learn more about our 5-step learn ski program here.
- Step 4: Head outside and get used to your ski and snowboard equipment and practice the basic motions, such as angling your skis into “Pizza” or “French Fries.” Learn how to ride the magic carpet, stop, and turn before you head to the Beginner Hill. You’ll be a carving down the slopes in no time!
- Step 5: Step on the magic carpet lift on the beginner hill to put all your new knowledge to the test! You’ll be turning, edging and stopping effortlessly.
- Step 6: Congrats, you’ve mastered the mountain! When you are ready for more, you can upgrade your lesson to a 3-pack or once-a-week season pass with rentals and additional lessons. Learning to ski and snowboard is a great way to get outside, enjoy the winter, and make memories that will last a lifetime with your friends and family.
Visit the Main Lodge to purchase.
What to wear: Snow pants, winter coat, gloves, a pair of warm tall socks, hat.
Where to park: Park across from the Main Ski Lodge
Safety: You are not required by the state of New York to wear a helmet, but we have them available should you decide to wear one.
Where to watch: Mom & Dads and spectators can watch the lessons from the big window in the lodge or hang around the boardwalk. Enjoy warm coffee, hot cocoa, and hot toddys!