Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Complete the online application now and plan to attend a job fair with open interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of completed online application(s).
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
Tubing Hill Attendants will direct the safe and efficient loading and unloading of guests of all ability levels onto the lift, magic carpet or tubing equipment through constant communication, awareness, and decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Execute safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of guests into snow tubes / lifts.
- Ensure operating lifts are constantly monitored by a trained Lift Operator.
- Check guest lift passes to ensure authorized to use resort services.
- Monitor and control traffic flow on tubing hill / designated lanes.
- Prior to sending tubes down the hill, instruct riders on how to use proper positions and stop. Check to ensure all straps and rings are inside tube.
- Watch as tubes move to base of hill, moving guests out of area to avoid collision. Slow down or stop tubers moving too fast.
- Maintain safe levels of snow and ensure tubing lanes / lift stations are free of hazards.
- Follow standard operating procedures to maintain safe conditions.
- Upon rotation of hill positions, relay all pertinent information to replacement.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Resort by greeting guests, sharing conditions of runs and current events.
- Complete daily pre-operational inspection of lift machinery in order to accurately complete a legal lift-log document.
- Immediately report any safety concerns or irregularities to supervisor.
- Facilitate a culture of safety and promote rules, regulations and accountability. Issue warnings for misconduct.
- Working knowledge of emergency procedures, including lift evacuations.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment, often in inclement weather.
- Identify problems and implement solutions.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate moving chair lifts and related equipment.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the finger of one or both hands to grasp or manipulate small object, such as controls.
- Constant moving about Resort and performing majority of job duties outdoors, often in inclement weather for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up work hours (based on business need).