Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Plan to attend a Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Tray/Utility Attendant reports to the Food & Beverage Outlet Manager and maintains an attractive environment for resort guests in the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Welcome resort guests with a smile and the “I promise to CARE!” attitude.
- Act as an “information center” by demonstrating resort knowledge, including: location of amenities, hours of operation, information on special events / activities, pricing and merchandise. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find someone who can help!
- Communicate with Food & Beverage team and other resort departments to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Clear dishware, trays, containers and food debris from guest areas, including but not limited to: tables, floors, food tents and trash bins.
- Sanitize tables and seating areas by cleaning with dampened cloth. Clean up spilled food, drink or breakage.
- Scrape and stack reusable dishware and carry to kitchen for cleaning.
- Ensure guest “self serve” stations are consistently stocked with eating utensils, napkins or condiments. Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
- Work in a team environment to provide support to Food & Beverage staff during food service by obtaining and running requested materials to various locations, including: designated guests, restaurant outlets, food tents, hotel or restrooms.
- Report to designated work location on time for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / nametag.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend oral / written instructions.
- Capable of effective and courteous communication with guests and associates of all levels.
- Ability read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6-months prior experience working in a kitchen or other Food & Beverage role preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).