Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Complete the online application now and plan to attend a job fair with open Interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of completed online application(s).
Lift Operators will direct the safe and efficient loading and unloading of guests of all ability levels on ski lifts through constant communication, awareness, and decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of guests from ski lifts.
- Ensure operating lifts are constantly monitored by a trained Lift Operator.
- Check guest lift passes to ensure authorized to use resort services.
- Facilitate a culture of safety and promote rules, regulations and accountability.
- Follow standard operating procedures to maintain safe conditions.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Resort by greeting guests, sharing conditions of runs and current events.
- Complete daily pre-operational inspection of lift machinery in order to accurately complete a legal lift-log document.
- Immediately report any safety concerns or irregularities to supervisor and lift maintenance.
- Working knowledge of emergency procedures, including lift evacuations.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge or experience working with machinery.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment, often in inclement weather.
- Identify problems and implement solutions.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED equivalent required; vocational school training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Successful completion of Bullwheel’s “Lift Attendant Training Program” and exam required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate moving chair lifts and related equipment.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the finger of one or both hands to grasp or manipulate small object, such as controls.
- Constant moving about Resort and performing majority of job duties outdoors, often in inclement weather for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up work hours (based on business need).