Servers will provide prompt and accurate food service during an assigned shift / event while providing a level of hospitality that exceeds guest expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, hospitality and confidence when making contact with guests.
- Deliver food and beverages to guests in a designated service area as well as other areas (as needed).
- Demonstrate compliance with all alcohol service laws, as well as company policies and procedures with regard to alcohol service, including carding all guests under age 40.
- Observe and follow up with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service.
- Anticipate / react to guest needs, answer questions and provide suggestions to event attendees.
- Manicure tables by clearing plates, glassware etc. and maintain a neat “front of the house” service area.
- Empty trash and place dirty dishes in appropriate areas.
- Work in a team environment to provide a level of hospitality and service that exceeds guest expectations.
- Communicate with team members, shift supervisor, outlet manager and kitchen staff as required to guarantee a successful service, including prompt resolution of guest complaints.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure meals are delivered to the correct recipients in a prompt and accurate manner following all safety / resort guidelines, with special consideration to guest requests.
- Maintain a positive, professional and respectful attitude toward guests, coworkers and management.
- Prepare work area prior to guest arrival, including rolling silverware, plating table and stocking service / beverage stations with coffee, water, ice, napkins, straws and garnishes as needed.
- Knowledge and use of proper sanitation procedures to clean equipment and facilities, including restrooms.
- Follow outlined procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies and communicate inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Adhere to all department specific, resort and company standards, policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must meet New York minimum age requirement to server alcoholic beverages (18+).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Capable of effective and courteous communication with guests and associates of all levels.
- Ability read and interpret documents such as policies/procedures and company manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 year experience in a serving or related Food & Beverage role strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
- TIPS training certification as well as Serve Safe or equivalent preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including dishware and supplies.
- Reaching, maneuvering, and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).