Retail – Ski / Gift / Convenience
Part Time – Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Retail Cashier will provide exceptional customer service, answer questions, locate merchandise and perform efficient, accurate sales transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist in creating a safe, pleasant and convenient retail environment for resort guests.
- Greet customers, ascertain customer wants or needs and answer questions regarding merchandise or resort.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care to customers and/or other associates.
- Recommend and help locate or obtain merchandise.
- Operate a cash register and / or POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Monitors merchandise, retail area and customers for any suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables or racks to promote sales.
- Keep retail area clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Clear sidewalks of snow and ice to guarantee to the safety of guests and associates, reporting any dangerous conditions to supervisor or maintenance.
- Retrieve product deliveries and count /record inventory as directed by supervisor.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic technical skills required to operate cash register/POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels as well as read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).