Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Complete the online application now and plan to attend a Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Rental Shop Technicians will work to properly fit, distribute, inventory, restock and/or repair ski/snowboard rental equipment for resort guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Ski / Boot / Pole Technician
- Learn proper fitting for skis/snowboards/boots and demonstrate knowledge by successfully completing an exam.
- Fit, distribute and restock rental equipment. Recommend and help locate or obtain merchandise.
- Learn advanced ski/snowboard/boot repair and demonstrate knowledge by successfully completing an exam.
- Use hand tools to properly tune and repair rental equipment, including: skis/snowboards, binding and mounting.
- Accurately adjust and install bindings on rental equipment. Demonstrate working knowledge of major bindings and maintain familiarity with current binding models.
- Assist in creating a safe, pleasant and convenient retail environment for resort guests.
- Greet customers, ascertain customer wants or needs and answer questions regarding merchandise or resort.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care to customers and/or other associates.
- Operate a computerized POS system to record inventory, compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change. Accurately complete and file rental agreement as required.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables or racks to promote rental sales.
- Retrieve product deliveries and count /record inventory as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to Resort and industry safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Monitor merchandise, retail area and customers for any suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Keep retail area clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic technical skills required to operate cash register/POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience required.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels as well as read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Rental associates are advised to dress in layers to adjust to inclement weather conditions or temperature changes.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).