Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Night Auditor will balance daily accounting records and ensure necessary paperwork is completed. In addition, the auditor will perform the essential duties / responsibilities of a Front Desk Attendant during evening hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, summarize and analyze financial information.
- Receive, audit and record monies, credit/gift card transactions and cash register sales from multiple resort outlets.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software while checking for mathematical accuracy. Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Follow proper cash and credit card handling procedures. Accurately complete required paperwork and cash out procedures. Communicate information to other shifts in the daily log book.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of hotel equipment used at the front desk.
- Provide guests with excellent customer service while taking reservations, answering questions and completing check in / out procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Address guest requests and concerns immediately and always with a professional attitude. Never says “no” to a guest request for information.
- Complete guest requests including message taking, setting wake up calls, providing directions and other information as needed. Encourages use of the company operated restaurants.
- Answer and transfer all incoming telephone calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Provide safety and security for the hotel and its guests. Follows the hotel key control procedures at all times. Is familiar with the hotel emergency plan and is able to confidently partake in emergency training procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in computerized word processing, summarizing and writing/editing.
- Possess the analytical and mathematical proficiency required to audit financial documents/records.
- Capable of effective and courteous communication with guests and associates of all levels.
- Confidential handling of all Resort and Company information required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required; technical/college education preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience as a Night Auditor or equivalent cash handling experience required; prior work in the Resort or Hospitality industry preferred.