The Nail Technician is responsible for performing a variety of professional spa services, including: manicures, pedicures, hand/foot massages, skin treatments and polish changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide spa guests with manicures and pedicures following all New York State and Serenity Spa treatment standards.
- Clean and sanitize all tools and work environment.
- Develop and retain positive, professional relationships with spa guests.
- Working knowledge of all spa services, packages, promotions and retail products. Use sales techniques to maximize profits.
- Educate guests about available products and recommend product for home use.
- Continuously identify customer “wants” and “needs” to assist in creation of spa menu, packages or upgrades.
- Organized approach to scheduled services by beginning and ending all treatments on time and to satisfaction of guest.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of spa inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize misuse and breakage of supplies to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Keep work area and outlying areas of spa clean and free of clutter to guarantee a comfortable guest experience.
- Communicate with Spa Manager and team members to execute daily operations, special events and promotions while ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assess guest satisfaction, evaluate trends, resolve guest concerns or complaints and make improvements accordingly.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and communication skills necessary to work with guests and associates at all levels
- Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience in professional spa environment strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS License and proper registration to practice Cosmetology or provide Nail Services in New York State required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent manipulations of hands requiring sufficient finger dexterity.
- Repetitive and regular motions using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to maneuver objects up to 20 lbs.
- Consistent and frequent maneuvering and self-positioning.