Complete an online application now and plan to attend one of the Job Fairs with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Massage Therapist is responsible for performing a variety of high quality body work services including Swedish, Deep Tissue and Aromatherapy massages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
- Assess clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion to develop client treatment programs and massage type.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with spa guests.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all spa services, packages, promotions and retail products. Use sales techniques to maximize profits.
- Educate guests about available products and recommend product for home use.
- Organized approach to scheduled services by beginning and ending all treatments on time and to satisfaction of guest.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of spa inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize misuse and breakage of supplies to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Keep work area and outlying areas of spa clean and free of clutter to guarantee a comfortable guest experience.
- Communicate with Spa Manager and team members to execute daily operations, special events and promotions while ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assess guest satisfaction, evaluate trends, resolve guest concerns or complaints and make improvements accordingly.
- Continuously identify customer “wants” and “needs” to assist in creation of spa menu, packages or upgrades.
- Ensure all department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules are followed at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and communication skills necessary to work with guests and associates at all levels
- Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent required.
- Advanced training in spa services, including but not limited to: salon products, services and massage therapy required
- 1-2 years experience in professional spa environment strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
License and proper registration to practice Massage Therapy in New York State required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent manipulations of hands requiring sufficient finger dexterity.
- Repetitive and regular motions using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to maneuver objects up to 20 lbs.
- Consistent and frequent maneuvering and self-positioning.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).