Buildings & Grounds
Full Time – Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Maintenance Technician will work in a team environment to complete routine maintenance and repair projects for Peek ‘n Peak Resort, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, commercial equipment repair, pool operations, fire safety systems, snow/trash removal and landscaping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work in a team environment on maintenance requests as assigned by Facilities Manager and/or Mountain Operations Manager for purposes of completing projects within established timeframes.
- Complete electronic/hard copy maintenance logs to document repair status, daily activities and convey information to management, departments or across work shifts.
- Perform a wide variety of semi-skilled preventative, routine and emergency maintenance at Resort Hotel and Restaurant Facilities, including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, commercial equipment repair, pool operations, fire safety systems, snow/trash removal and landscaping.
- Deliver efficient, friendly service by communicating with management, co-workers and guests at all levels.
- Inspect, operate and test equipment to diagnose problems, provide solutions and perform repairs.
- Dismantle equipment or devices to access and remove defective parts using hand and/or power tools.
- Repair equipment, devices or structures using tools including hammers, screwdrivers, saws, drills, wrenches, precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices.
- Assist project managers with transporting, securing materials and completing specific tasks to complete assigned work in a safe, efficient manner.
- Operate equipment to complete snow/trash removal as assigned for the purpose of providing a safe environment, preventing damage/injury and limiting liability exposure.
- Complete pump, motor and chemical balancing of swimming pool; some technicians may be certified in depth operations and chemical adjustments (as required).
- Maintain company vehicle, equipment, tools and other supplies in good working condition, reporting required maintenance, damage or safety concerns to management immediately.
- Develop working knowledge of operations/equipment in each facility to expedite completion of maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of tools and equipment used to provide comprehensive building maintenance services.
- Plumbing skills to solder/braze tubes and fittings, unplug toilets/drains, replace bath/toilet fixtures and repair faucets, garbage disposals, home appliances and hot water tanks.
- Construction experience with drywall/painting to repair walls or ceilings with guest/water damage and fabricate furniture, walls, floor, cabinetry or shelves.
- Proficiency in electrical to replace/repair outlets, wall switches, light fixtures, ceiling fans, home appliance, furnaces and air conditioning unites.
- Exhibit high attention to detail necessary to perform repetitive tasks with a focus on quality standards.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment, often in inclement weather.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. nderstand and follow oral and written directions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent; vocational school training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to lift 100 pounds waist high and be able to work on lifts; requires considerable use of arms and legs and positioning whole body, such as climbing in excess of 8 feet.
- Manual dexterity – ability to quickly move hand, hand together with arm and move two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble products.
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the finger of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble small objects.
- Ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved or when parts are moved or rearranged.
- Transverse, maneuver, or position oneself to handle and adjust materials.
- Constant moving about Resort and performing majority of job duties outdoors, often in inclement weather for extended periods of time.