Hotel Maintenance will report to the Hotel General Manager and work in conjunction with the Buildings & Grounds Department to perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs for the Inn at Peek ‘n Peak Resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Unplug toilet and drains
- Replace bath or toilet fixtures
- Repair faucets, garbage disposals, home appliances and hot water tanks
- Drywall and Painting
- Repair of walls or ceilings (ex: water damage, guest damage)
- Painting of rooms, doors, trim and ceilings
- Repair and fabricate chairs, tables, walls, floor, cabinetry, shelves etc
- Change outlets, wall switches, light fixtures, ceiling fans or light bulbs
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair electrical equipment such as home appliances, furnaces and A/C units
- Snow Removal
- Routine shoveling of driveways or other entrances / exits
- Perform routine maintenance tasks as part of preventive maintenance program.
- Collaborate with Property Management, Buildings & Grounds Departments and Home Owners to report / resolve maintenance issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate skills required to use tools, equipment and supplies for general maintenance.
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment, often in inclement weather.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow oral / written instructions or policy / procedure manuals.
- Exhibit high attention to detail necessary to perform repetitive tasks with a focus on quality standards.
- Effective communication skills to interact with homeowners, resort guests and associates at all levels in a courteous, caring and professional manner at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED equivalent required; vocational school training strongly preferred.
- Minimum (2) years experience in general building maintenance / repair required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment required with moving parts.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, hot weather and outdoor elements (snow, sun, rain, dust etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate equipment.
- Must regularly lift/push/pull or maneuver items up to 50 pounds and work on roofs, scaffolding or ladders at high elevation.
- Ability to perform required tasks in a 40-hour work week. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).