Food & Beverage – Bistro 210
Part Time – Year Round
The Host/Cashier reports to the Food & Beverage Outlet Operations Manager to conduct transactions for payment in a high volume, fast paced restaurant outlet. The Cashier is responsible performing job duties quickly, accurately and consistently while working in a team environment with a focus on guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Welcome resort guests with a smile and the “I promise to CARE!” attitude.
- Act as an “information center” by demonstrating resort knowledge, including: location of amenities, hours of operation, information on special events / activities, pricing and merchandise. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find someone who can help!
- Communicate with Food & Beverage team and other resort departments to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Operate a cash register and / or POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Monitor guests for suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Use proper telephone etiquette to answer / hold / transfer calls, take complete messages and follow policies for reservations.
- Report to work on time for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / nametag.
- Keep work station clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic technical skills required to operate cash register/POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience required.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels as well as read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a high volume retail outlet, grocery store, restaurant, hotel or resort preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).