Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Guest Services Team will provide exceptional customer service while answering questions and performing accurate sales transactions for Resort amenities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Guest Services – Annex Desk
- Complete sales transactions for season passes and gift cards in a fast paced environment.
- Print guest and employee identification cards to provide access to resort amenities.
- Responsible for issuing and collecting cash drawers from ticket sellers, ensuring these are counted correctly and replenished with change by following established procedures.
- Complete required paperwork, including: sales records, charge card consolidations, change fund documents and ski report.
Guest Services – Ski Check
- Check in guest equipment, bags and other items in/out of designated storage area.
- Assist guests with the rental of Cross Country equipment and snow shoes.
- Complete sales transactions for Ski Check and Cross Country / Snow Show rentals in a fast paced environment.
- Guest Services – Ticket Sales
- Complete sales transactions for Snow Sports/Tubing, Adventure Park, special events, rental equipment or lessons in a fast paced environment.
- Welcome guests with a smile and the “I promise to CARE!” attitude. Act as an ambassador for the resort by communicating information on amenities, points of interest, scheduled events, pricing/discounts, merchandise and hours of operation.
- Answer all guest questions, find resolutions to concerns and solicit feedback. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find someone who can help!
- Use proper telephone etiquette to assist customers, take complete messages and refer inquiries to the appropriate department.
- Operate a cash register and / or POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Collaborate with all resort departments to ensure guest satisfaction, including: Snow Sports, Annex Office, Hotel Front Desk and Security.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables or racks to promote sales.
- Keep retail area clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Report for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / nametag.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical skills required to operate cash register/POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience required.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests / associates at all levels and read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school or GED equivalent preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).