Interested in employment at Peek ‘n Peak Resort?
Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, November 14th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
- Thursday, November 19th @ The Inn from 4pm-6pm
- Saturday, December 5th @ The Inn from 9am-12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Grill Cook reports to the Food & Beverage Outlet Operations Manager and Shift Supervisor to prepare food in accordance with resort specifications in a high volume, fast paced restaurant kitchen. The Grill Cook is responsible for exceeding guest expectations by maintaining consistent quality standards and working in a team environment to ensure a successful food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Produce a successful food service while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Work in a team environment to deliver superior customer service and ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Use various cooking techniques to prepare menu items in accordance with resort specifications.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as instructed using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Safely operate large volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers or griddles as instructed.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions to prepare food as requested by guest.
- Ensure food is cooked and stored correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Prepare all food items in accordance with resort specifications and plate for line pick up.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as: equipment, work surfaces and serving areas to ensure safe sanitary food-handling.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Complete closing procedures, such as: sanitize work station, clean grills, strain deep fryers, wash/store dishware, sweep/mop and remove trash/debris.
- Follow operating procedures to: (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) adhere to operating instructions and minimize misuse of supplies to ensure to re-usable goods are wasted (3) analyze supplies / equipment and report shortages to manager.
- Ensure confidentiality of all trade secrets, keeping all recipes, policies and procedures secure.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Punctuality and dependability and, if the need arises, willingness to work non-scheduled shifts.
- Proven ability to calmly multitask in a fast paced, high demand environment is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers in a courteous, caring and professional manner.
- Must possess superior leadership skills and demonstrate professionalism.
- Ability to follow directions and cook well with resort policies and standards in mind.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-year experience in a high volume restaurant, hotel or resort kitchen.
- Successful completion of a technical culinary education or apprenticeship program preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency preferred. Resort will provide Serve Safe / TIPS training as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).