Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Golf Shop Attendant will provide exceptional customer service while answering questions, locating merchandise, performing efficient and accurate sales transactions, while also monitoring the golf course.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist in creating a safe, pleasant and convenient golf/retail environment for resort guests.
- Greet customers, ascertain customer wants or needs and answer questions regarding golf and/or resort.
- Monitor golf course for pace of play or any other circumstances that may arise.
- Communicate with outside staff regarding play for the day and other guest requests.
- Answer phone calls regarding tee times, rates and other golf related questions, in a professional and polite manner
- Ability to operate and understand Tee Time golf software.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care to customers and/or other associates.
- Recommend and help locate or obtain merchandise.
- Operate a cash register and / or POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Monitors merchandise, retail area and customers for any suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Keep golf shop clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic technical skills required to operate cash register/POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience required.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels as well as read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).