Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Golf Course Maintenance Team will report to the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and use mowers, utility carts or other hand held tools to landscape the golf courses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work in a team environment to produce optimum golf course conditions by performing specific landscaping tasks as instructed by the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent or Foreman.
- Operate walk mowers, triplex mowers, gas powered trimmers and aerifiers to maintain golf course greens.
- Prepare bunkers using hand tools and mechanical rakes.
- Perform manual labor such as raking, digging and loading / unloading of landscaping materials.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of general landscaping and a variety of other constantly changing factors that impact the playability of golf course greens.
- Perform constant visual inspections of golf course features to ensure all are landscaped in accordance with departmental operating policies and procedures. Report safety concerns or irregularities to management / supervisor immediately.
- Collaborate with Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and team members to ensure resort equipment and vehicles are performing optimally.
- Perform routine maintenance of grooming equipment including cleaning.
- Act as an Ambassador of Peek ‘n Peak Resort with extensive knowledge of golf courses, conditions and events.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate skills required to safely operate motorized, gas powered equipment.
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment, often in inclement weather.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral / written instructions.
- Exhibit high attention to detail necessary to perform repetitive tasks with a focus on quality standards.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills to gain cooperation of team members, guests and groups.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED equivalent required; vocational school training preferred.
- Prior work as a general or golf course landscaper required; experience with game of golf is helpful.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for mechanical, gas powered equipment required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Golf Maintenance workers must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment required with moving parts.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, hot weather and outdoor elements (sun, rain, dust etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Constant walking and / or riding through golf courses, including frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or balancing.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate equipment.
- Must regularly traverse or maneuver items up to 80 pounds.
- Report to work as scheduled and on time for early morning shifts (including 4-hour shifts on Saturday AND Sunday) for 40-hours per week. Flexibility to work weekends and holidays required, plus willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).