Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Golf Cart Attendant for Lower/Upper Pro Shops will report to the Golf Operations Manager to ensure golf carts are stocked, cleaned and parked in an orderly fashion in front of the club houses. Cart Attendants will work as a team to provide a ‘first class’ golf operation and guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Golf Operations Manager and other Pro Shop staff to obtain information on number of scheduled golfers and plan to stage golf carts accordingly.
- Inspect all golf carts to ensure each is clean, completely charged and stocked with required materials, such as scorecards and pencils.
- Remove golf carts from barn and stage in front of Club House in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Greet each guest upon arrival, obtain clubs from vehicles as required and provide golfers with a cart.
- When guests arrive on the 18th green, use a wet towel to clean each guests golf clubs before completion of putting and load clubs into vehicle.
- Maintain organized staging area for golf carts for duration of shift.
- Wash, dry and restock carts returned from daily play. Ensure all areas of golf cart are clean, including: floor boards, wheel wells, windshield, storage areas and return cart to staging area or barn as required.
- Work in a team environment to provide an optimum golfing experience for guests.
- Remove trash from receptacles on golf course on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Perform light cleaning duties such as sweeping club house, cart barn and picking up litter/debris around club house.
- Maintain supply of clean towels and stock club house podiums with scorecards, pencils and towels.
- Arrive for scheduled shift on time, properly groomed and in uniform which includes staff shirt, khaki shorts or pants, coordinating tennis shoes and optional logo hat.
- Act as an Ambassador of Peek ‘n Peak Resort with extensive knowledge of golf courses, conditions and events.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate skills required to safely operate motorized, gas powered equipment.
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision with a focus on safety.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral / written instructions.
- Exhibit high attention to detail necessary to perform repetitive tasks with a focus on quality standards.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills to gain cooperation of team members, guests and groups.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6-months prior work experience at a golf course or country club with focus on guest service strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for mechanical, gas powered equipment (such as golf carts) required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Golf Cart Attendants must be at least 18 years of age (or older) to operate equipment required with moving parts.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, hot weather and outdoor elements (sun, rain, dust etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Constant walking and / or riding through golf courses, including frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or balancing.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate equipment.
- Must regularly traverse or maneuver items up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).