The Front Desk Associate reports to the Front Desk Manager and Hotel General Manager to take reservations, answer questions and complete check in / out procedures in an accurate and timely manner. The Front Desk Associate is responsible for performing job duties quickly, accurately and consistently while working in a team environment with a focus on guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Welcome resort guests with a smile and the “I promise to CARE!” attitude.
- Act as an “information center” by demonstrating resort knowledge, including: location of amenities, hours of operation, information on special events / activities, pricing and merchandise. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find someone who can help!
- Sell hotel rooms to walk in guests and reservations using established selling procedures and yield management techniques. Encourages us of Scott Enterprises restaurants or recreation facilities.
- Addresses guest requests and concerns immediately and always with a professional attitude.
- Communicates with management, co-workers and other departments (as required) about the status of guest rooms, guest requests, and maintenance issues. Utilizes the daily log book to coordinate information for all day shifts.
- Provides safety and security for the hotel and its guests. Follows the hotel key control procedures at all times.
- Operate POS system to compute purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of hotel equipment used at the front desk. Ensures the hotel equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and the PMS system are maintained properly and secured.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Monitor guests for suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Use proper telephone etiquette to answer / hold / transfer calls, take complete messages and follow policies for reservations.
- Report to work on time for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / name tag.
- Keep work station clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic technical skills necessary to operate POS system, calculator and credit card machine; prior computer experience required.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels as well as read / interpret instructions or policies.
- Demonstrate a firm, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation of public.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or as unique situations occur in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to fully cooperate with other associates and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a high volume retail outlet, grocery store, restaurant, hotel or resort preferred.