The Food & Beverage Supervisor will provide working leadership and direction for team during a designated shift within a restaurant outlet. The Shift Supervisor will work with the Outlet Manager and Food & Beverage Director to increase guest satisfaction, ensure compliance with resort operating procedures, provide education/training for associates, promote a cooperative team environment and increase revenue within area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Function as a member of the Food & Beverage Team by ensuring an excellent guest experience, including: greeting patrons, answering questions, providing prompt/friendly food service, following up to ensure satisfaction and creating a pleasant/clean environment.
- Direct and supervise associates engaged in food / bar service, sales transactions, inventory, reconciling cash receipts or performing services for guests.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, hospitality and confidence when making contact with guests.
- Communicate with team members, outlet manager and kitchen staff to guarantee successful service.
- Assess guest satisfaction, resolve guest concerns and make improvements accordingly.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure meals are delivered to the correct recipients in a prompt and accurate manner following all safety / resort guidelines, with special consideration to guest requests.
- Operate a cash register and POS system to compute prices, total purchases, process payment and provide customer with proper receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions and (3) to minimize misuse and breakage of supplies to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Implement procedures to constantly improve quality, profit, team productivity and guest service standards.
- Educate team members on current products, services, facilities and pricing.
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to maximize profit.
- Train and monitor staff to guarantee all department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules are followed at all times.
- Demonstrate compliance with all alcohol service laws, as well as company policies and procedures with regard to alcohol service, including carding all guests under age 40.
- Assist Outlet Manager with scheduling, time approval and monitoring labor of associates during a designated shift.
- Support Outlet Manager in hiring processes including review of applications, conducting interviews and completing corresponding paperwork.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, leadership skills and professional demeanor necessary to work independently or with resort guests, associates and management.
- Effective communication skills and ability to make sound decisions, especially when dealing with adverse situations.
- Ability to understand concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using a cash register / POS System.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma /GED equivalent required. Technical, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management strongly preferred.
- Minimum (3) years Food & Beverage related experience in a high volume hotel, resort or country club required.
- Minimum (1) year Food & Beverage related supervisory experience required.