Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
Bartenders will provide beverage / food service in a high volume, fast paced restaurant outlet with a focus on guest satisfaction. Bartenders must perform job duties quickly, accurately and consistently while working in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, hospitality and confidence when making contact with guests.
- Deliver food and beverages to guests in service area as well as other areas as needed.
- Observe and follow up with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service.
- Act as an “information center” by demonstrating resort knowledge, including: location of amenities, hours of operation, information on special events / activities, pricing and merchandise. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find someone who can help!
- Operate a POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash / credit payment and provide customer with proper receipt and change. Ensure accurate records (including cash-out and tip reports).
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges, refunds and security practices.
- Communicate with team members, shift supervisor, outlet manager and kitchen staff as required to guarantee guest satisfaction, including prompt resolution of complaints.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure meals are delivered to the correct recipients in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Comply with New York State laws and company policies relative to alcohol service, including carding all guests under age 40.
- Monitor guests for visible intoxication or suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol, including notifying supervisor or security.
- Use proper telephone etiquette to answer / hold / transfer calls, take complete messages and follow policies for reservations.
- Report to work on time for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / nametag.
- Keep work area clean by manicuring bar, removing dishware / trash and performing light housekeeping duties.
- Complete set-up, side work and closing procedures, including: preparing bar for service prior to opening or closing, stocking all supplies, maintaining cleanliness and ensuring bar / lounge area is in optimal condition for next shift.
- Follow outlined procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies and communicate inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must meet New York minimum age requirement to server alcoholic beverages (18+).
- Basic technical skills required to operate POS and credit card machine; prior POS experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of transactions in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions that conform to department / company policies while resolving customer issues or gaining cooperation guests in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 year experience in a bartending or equivalent Food & Beverage role required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).