Food & Beverage – Banquets
Part Time – Summer Seasonal
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
Members of the Banquet Set Up Team will work in a team environment to will lift, transport and/or construct furniture, items for food service, audio / visual equipment, decorations and other miscellaneous requests outlined in the Banquet Event Order (BEO) to ensure guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Load/unload, lift, transport and/or construct furniture, items for food service, audio / visual equipment, decorations and other miscellaneous requests outlined in the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Work in a team environment to set up, execute, tear down and clean scheduled banquet events while delivering superior customer service and ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate, detailed oriented event set up by adhering to BEO and performing all checklist duties.
- Continuously communicate with Banquet Manager / Captain and Team regarding execution of event to ensure efficient service and guest satisfaction, including prompt resolution of complaints.
- Assist kitchen staff with food preparation / plating to ensure meals are delivered to the correct recipients in a timely manner following all safety and resort guidelines.
- Works until end of designated shift and complete post function duties, including removal of linens from tables and routine cleaning procedures.
- Remove clean glassware, dishware and silverware from racks, inspect for 100% sanitation and cleanliness.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles as needed, placing waste in designated area.
- Maintain a sanitary workstation using “clean as you go” attitude, including sweeping and mopping surrounding floor areas.
- Knowledge and use of proper sanitation procedures to clean banquet equipment and facilities, including restrooms.
- Follow outlined procedures to (1) ensure inventory and proper storage of banquet dishware and other equipment, (2) replenish supplies and communicate inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Report to work on time for scheduled shift and in appropriate uniform / nametag and in compliance with resort appearance standards; long hair must be up off shoulders.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend oral / written instructions such as Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Professional communication skills necessary to interact with guests and associates at all levels.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions that conform to department / company in the absence of direct supervision.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-year prior experience in Banquet Set Up or related role preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant moving about Food & Beverage Outlets in multiple locations, occasionally in inclement weather.
- Lift, carry and transport banquet equipment up to 50lbs (routinely) and 100 pounds (occasionally).
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continual positioning to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach and stretch without difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).