Food & Beverage – Banquets
Part Time – Summer Seasonal
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Banquet Dishwasher ensures that all dinnerware, glassware, flatware and service-ware is 100% soil-free and sanitized. Keeps sanitized dinnerware stocked and ready for use in the appropriate banquet facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Pre-wash food items from glassware, dishware and silverware using spray hoses/scrubbers in sink.
- Rack dirty glassware, dishware and silverware to load into dishwasher.
- Ensure that a proper dilution level of sanitizing solutions is adequate for all wash loads and maintain proper wash/rinse temperatures.
- Remove clean glassware, dishware and silverware from racks, inspect for 100% sanitation and cleanliness.
- Stock clean glassware, dishware and silverware in appropriate location for reuse.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles as needed, placing waste in designated area.
- Maintain a sanitary workstation using “clean as you go” attitude, including sweeping and mopping surrounding floor areas.
- Demonstrate understanding and proper use of dishwashing equipment.
- Practice sanitation and safety procedures in the kitchen as outlined in Resort/Company policies.
- Maintain a positive, professional and respectful attitude toward guests, coworkers and management.
- Display a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and desire to get things done right the first time.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend oral / written instructions.
- Desire to function in a team environment with a positive attitude to ensure successful operation of facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6-months prior experience working in a kitchen or other Food & Beverage role strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).