Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
- Saturday, April 18th @ Sugar Shack from 9am – 12pm
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Adventure Park Attendants will guide participants through all features of spring/summer mountain attractions, including: Ropes/Zip Line Courses, Soaring Eagle, Segway/Electric Bikes, Mountain Bike Trails, Archery and Miniature Golf. Attendants will provide training and safety instructions for park attractions while creating a positive guest experience by increasing confidence, enhancing group dynamics and expanding problem solving abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for safe operation of Adventure Park, including using learned skills and procedures to educate participants, perform routine safety checks or set up / deconstruct equipment or features.
- Must complete required cross-training for all Adventure Park features and attractions, including: Ropes/Zip Line Courses, Soaring Eagle, Segway/Electric Bikes, Mountain Bike Trails, Archery and Miniature Golf.
- Act as a positive role model by directing activities, enforcing safety regulations and dealing effectively with stressful situations or people.
- Utilize communication skills to coach, cultivate experiential learning and gain cooperation of participants.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills associated with course operation, including knots, belay skills and personal protective equipment such as harness fitting and helmets.
- Maintain constant surveillance and visually scan assigned area of responsibility every 10 seconds.
- Walk the area as required to monitor activities, provide instructions, and prevent accidents.
- Report unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Caution participants regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforcing all rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of emergency procedures, performing the following skills as necessary: aerial rescue or evacuation, First Aid/CPR and contact of emergency medical services.
- Properly prepare or deconstruct designated features and store equipment in appropriate location.
- Ensure assigned area is clean and free of hazards, including but not limited to: use of cleaning products for sanitization, removal of debris/litter, emptying trash and performing light landscaping of guest areas.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Act as an Ambassador of Peek ‘n Peak Resort with extensive knowledge of attractions, conditions and events.
- All other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive attitude necessary to fully cooperate in a team environment and provide superior guest service.
- Good decision maker capable of using independent judgment; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.
- Must have the physical and mental capabilities to properly perform emergency rescue, as trained by ARC (American Red Cross) and AHA (American Heart Association).
- Ability to follow and accomplish technical and complex instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or a current student enrolled in high school or equivalent program; must be at least 16-years of age to meet ARC (American Red Cross) Certification Requirement
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ARC (American Red Cross) First Aid / CPR / AED Certification may be required. Certification/recertification may be offered in house by a licensed ARC (American Red Cross) trainer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (4-6 hours) with routine exposure to sun and other weather conditions (heat, cold, wind and rain).
- Ability to frequently bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch and climb without difficulty.
- Continuously works on elevated platforms (up to 60 feet in air), occasionally on uneven and/or slippery surfaces with periodic exposure to hazardous situations.
- Daily lifting/carrying of equipment or materials up to 50lbs.
- Must routinely perform all skills required for training and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).