Food & Beverage - Bistro 210 (Kitchen )
Full Time - Year Round
Interested in employment at Peek 'n Peak Resort? Complete an online application now and plan to attend the Job Fair with Open Interviews:
*Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of the completed online application(s).
The Saute' Cook reports to the Dining Room Sous Chef & Executive Chef with direction from the Food & Beverage Director to prepare food in accordance with resort specifications in a high volume, fast paced fine dining kitchen. The Sautee Cook is directly responsible for exceeding guest expectations by providing maintaining quality standards / consistency / costs and providing direction to line level staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Produce an efficient food service in a while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
* Use a wide variety of complex cooking techniques to prepare meats, fish, vegetables and other foods in accordance with resort manuals and instruction from Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Food & Beverage Director.
* Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as instructed using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
* Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
* Observe and test foods to determine if cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
* Plate all food items in accordance with guest orders and company specifications then places on line for pick-up.
* Monitor line staff to ensure proper food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food.
* Coordinate assignments of line staff to ensure strict quality standards, economical use of food and timely execution.
* Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as: equipment, work surfaces and serving areas to ensure safe / sanitary food-handling.
* Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
* Implement procedures to constantly improve quality, profit, team productivity and guest service standards.
* Facilitate a team environment to deliver superior customer service and ensure complete guest satisfaction.
* Partner with Executive Chef and Kitchen Team to create / prepare resort menus and weekly specials.
* Work with the Executive Chef to investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
* Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
* Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) enforce adherence to operating instructions and minimize misuse of supplies to ensure to re-usable goods are wasted (3) analyze supplies / equipment and associated expenses, including preventative maintenance (4) research, evaluate and purchase supplies / equipment as needed.
* Ensure confidentiality of all trade secrets, keeping all recipes, policies and procedures secure.
* Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation.
* All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Punctuality and dependability and, if the need arises, willingness to work non-scheduled shifts.
* Proven ability to calmly multitask in a fast paced, high demand environment is required.
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers in a courteous, caring and professional manner.
* Must possess superior leadership skills and demonstrate professionalism.
* Ability to follow directions and cook well with resort policies and standards in mind.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Successful completion of a technical culinary education or apprenticeship program required or the equivalent of education/experience.
* 5-7 years progressive experience in a high volume hotel or resort kitchen with a focus on fine dining required.
* 1-2 years prior supervisory or management experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
* Standing and walking are constant conditions.
* Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
* Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
* Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now hiring and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! Employees receive excellent discounts at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties.
There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Adventure Park, Banquets, Culinary, Golf/Golf Course Maintenance, Guest Services, Hotel/Housekeeping, Landscape, Maintenance, Pool, Restaurant, Retail, Spa, Management, Marketing, Supervisors and More!
The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from June 30 - July 7 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Job candidates interested in spring/summer employment should complete an online application now and attend the following event:
Job Fair with Open Interviews:
April 6 from 9am - 12pm at the Main Lodge
Free Refreshments Provided!
Human Resources will be available on the day of the event to print hard copies of completed online applications.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311
Join us on June 8th as Erie Playhouse Presents: A Cabaret at the Peak! Broadway Classics and New Favorites!
Starting at $209 Package Includes: 1 Night Lodging 18 Holes on the Upper Course w/ cart per person $20 Dining Credit per person Pool Complex Passes
Starting at $159 Package Includes: 1 Night Lodging 18 Holes on the Upper Course w/ cart per person Pool Complex Passes
Get rewarded for visiting Peek’n Peak! Download the new Peek'n Peak Rewards app and start earning points today.