Marketing & Event Coordinator
Full Time - Year Round
Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to work and play!
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for the overall Coordination and administering of marketing initiatives for the resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES which may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to ensure communication on promotions to the resort staff is efficient.
- Develop and implement marketing events & promotions that drive sales and community awareness.
- Develop and coordinate grass root awareness campaigns.
- Establish relationships and develop promotional ideas with cross-promotional partners.
- Identify, plan and execute special events. Assist with special event planning including transportation, set up/tear down of materials and day of coordination of event space and work events as needed.
- Performs creative aspects of communications projects, including copywriting, editing, and design.
- Meet/Exceed stated goals, identify new opportunities and aggressively seek prospective customers.
- Create and build “BRAND AWARENESS” in the local community.
- Act as Peek’n Peak marketing point person as a liaison for sales and internal creative resources.
- Research task and follow up calls for marketing initiatives i.e. competitive resorts, non profits, schools, business to business, churches, etc.
- Provide design support to the marketing team which may include, but are not limited to logos, brochures, advertisements, posters, in-house signage, etc.
- Create concepts and initial ideas for advertising campaigns, marketing strategies & video programs.
- Meet with operations team to discuss their needs.
- Oversee and work with interns for the department when applicable
- Attend weekly marketing meetings
- Organize and keep inventory of all items in the Peek marketing closet.
- Write and edit press releases.
- Special projects as needed- i.e. point person for photo shoots, TV commercials etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to create, develop and manage all web content.
- Utilize organizations e-mail marketing system to organize and update mailing lists, send out all eblasts and collaborate with manager to create email marketing campaigns. Schedule eblasts, run reports and measure ROI
- Manage text message marketing campaigns that are effective and measurable and coordinate with vendor.
- Assist social media campaigns.
- Manage the cross-departmental brand voice and maintain a consistent brand image for Peek.
- Assist in planning the execution and delivery of promotional materials.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be analytical, creative, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of ROI-driven marketing, willing to push our business forward without necessarily being told exactly what to do next.
- Requires tact, diplomacy and a clear courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Excellent phone, computer, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work in a team and perform well independently, meeting position requirements without constant supervision.
- Must display a high level of professionalism and customer service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Two- Five years of marketing, advertising or sales experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position self to maneuver or position various materials, weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer terminal, telephone, 10-key calculator, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement.
- Most work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Repetitive handling.
- Constant and frequent reaching, lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, etc.
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now hiring for and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! Employees receive excellent discounts at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties.
There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Adventure Park, Banquets, Culinary, Golf/Golf Course Maintenance, Guest Services, Hotel/Housekeeping, Landscape, Maintenance, Pool, Restaurant, Retail, Spa, Management, Marketing, Supervisors and More!
The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 2-8 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311