Spring Fest: Pondskimming & Cardboard Box Derby
Sat, March 15
Spring Fest 2014
Sunny skies and whacky spring-time events - who could ask for more? In addition to the famed Pondskimming event, we're bringing back the ol' Cardboard Box Derby! The party will kick off at the Retreat Lodge at 11am! There will be Kettle Corn, an Ice Bar & Ice Luge, a Chili Bar, Hot Chocolate Bar, and we're grillin burgers and dogs on the deck. Bud Light is sponsoring a Beach Party inside the Retreat from noon to 6PM, and French Kiss will take over in 80's Rocker style from 7-11PM. Check them out! Come decked out in your best 80's gear for your chance to win a free snowboard! All events are FREE and spectators are encouraged!
Put on your best get-up and brave the waters of the pond! Competitors
will be judged on Skim Style, Costume, Crowd Cheer & Splash! Skim
or don't skim, but don't miss the event! Bust out your best "Skimsuit" or any other whacky attire that will win the raves of the crowd!
Where: Retreat Lodge
When: Saturday, March 15th - Registration starts at 1PM inside the Retreat, Water Flies at 2PM
- All Skimmers must have a lift pass.
- Skimmers must wear a helemt.
- Everyone must sign a waiver, anyone under 18 must have a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
- The event is FREE for Skimmers and Spectators.
- Prizes will be handed out for: Best Costume, Crowd Cheer & Splash, and of course for our best Skimmer who makes it all the way across the pond!
- All competitors who make it all the way across the pond will be entered for a chance to win our grand prize of a Full Season Pass for the 2014/2015 Season!
Cardboard Box Derby:
Where: Tubing Hill
When: Registration starts at 9AM inside the Retreat, Derby starts at 11AM
Watch as cardboard artists turn cardboard, glue, tape and paper into slope vehicles. Any and all groups of people are encouraged to participate, grab your co-workers family and friends and let the showdown begin!
Rules for participants:
- "Vehicle" may be no wider than 12 feet.
- "Vehicle" must be able to carry at least 1 person across the finish line, can carry up to 6 people. Pilots must finish the race IN the box.
- All boxes must be able to withstand running more than once for race purposes.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet.
- Designs must be family friendly, no obscene writing or stickers allowed.
- Pushers may push up to the "Hands-Off" line.
- Anyone visibly intoxicated will not be allowed to run.
- Un-sportsman-like conduct will be cause for disqualification.
- Costumes and team spirit are encouraged and appreciated.
- Waivers must be signed for all participants under the age of 18 by a legal guardian.
- Boxes may be constructed of any of the following:
- All paper products
- Wax paper or plastic wrap
- Duct, packing or Scotch tape
- Wax, paint & stickers allowed
- Not Allowed:
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Creativity: structural design, team costumes
- Best Team Spirit & Attitude: Fan Club, Overall having the best time, team particiapation
- Best Crash: enough said.