Assistant Restaurant Manager (Fine Dining)
Food & Beverage - Bistro 21
Full Time - Year Round
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will provide working leadership and direction for team during a designated shift within a restaurant. The Assistant Manager will work with the Restaurant Manager/Kitchen Team to increase guest satisfaction, ensure compliance with resort operating procedures, provide education/training for associates, promote a cooperative team environment and increase revenue within area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Function as a member of the Food & Beverage Team by ensuring an excellent guest experience, including: greeting patrons, answering questions, providing prompt/friendly food service, following up to ensure satisfaction and creating a pleasant/clean environment.
- Direct and supervise associates engaged in food / bar service, sales transactions, inventory, reconciling cash receipts or performing services for guests.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, hospitality and confidence when making contact with guests.
- Communicate with team members, outlet manager and kitchen staff to guarantee successful service.
- Assess guest satisfaction, resolve guest concerns and make improvements accordingly.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure meals are delivered to the correct recipients in a prompt and accurate manner following all safety / resort guidelines, with special consideration to guest requests.
- Operate a cash register and POS system to compute prices, total purchases, process payment and provide customer with proper receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions and (3) to minimize misuse and breakage of supplies to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Implement procedures to constantly improve quality, profit, team productivity and guest service standards.
- Educate team members on current products, services, facilities and pricing.
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to maximize profit.
- Train and monitor staff to guarantee all department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules are followed at all times.
- Demonstrate compliance with all alcohol service laws, as well as company policies and procedures with regard to alcohol service, including carding all guests under age 40.
- Assist Outlet Manager with scheduling, time approval and monitoring labor of associates during a designated shift.
- Support Outlet Manager in hiring processes including review of applications, conducting interviews and completing corresponding paperwork.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, leadership skills and professional demeanor necessary to work independently or with resort guests, associates and management.
- Effective communication skills and ability to make sound decisions, especially when dealing with adverse situations.
- Ability to understand concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using a cash register / POS System.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma /GED equivalent required. Technical, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management strongly preferred.
- Minimum (3) years Food & Beverage related experience in a high volume hotel, resort or country club required.
- Minimum (1) year Food & Beverage related supervisory experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Traverse or maneuver items up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching, maneuvering, and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING for SPRING and SUMMER – and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Adventure Park, Banquets, Kitchen, Restaurants, Golf, Grounds Maintenance, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 3-9 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this sporting event which will be televised globally on the Golf Channel.
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311