Retail - Ski / Gift / Convenience
Full Time - Year Round
The Retail Supervisor will work with the Director of Resort Operations and Retail Supervisory Team to oversee the Ski Shop, Convenience Store, Gift Shop, Aquatic / Adventure Park Retail and mobile merchandise stations at Peek ‘n Peak Resort including: revenue generation, product selection/quality /innovation, seasonal planning, merchandising, inventory, vendor relations and development / training of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Function as a member of the Retail Team by ensuring an excellent guest service experience, including: greeting customers, providing assistance, answering questions, locating merchandise and creating a pleasant retail environment.
- Operate a cash register and POS system to compute prices, total purchases, process payment and provide customer with proper receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Monitors merchandise, retail area and customers for any suspicious activities and follow appropriate protocol for theft.
- Establish strong working relationships with industry vendors while negotiating to achieve goal of high profitability.
- Assist with purchasing, pricing, forecasting inventory and scheduling of replenishment deliveries.
- Conduct periodic merchandise inventory counts and reconciliation to maintain accurate records.
- Collaborate with the corporate purchasing department for timely completion of retail invoices, bills, purchase orders and related paperwork.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions and (3) to minimize misuse and breakage of supplies to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- Communicate with Director of Operations, Marketing Manager and other Department Managers to execute special events, run sales promotions and increase guest satisfaction.
- Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts or performing services for customers.
- Educate team members on current products, services, facilities and pricing.
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote retail and maximize profits.
- Merchandise retail floors to maximize sales per square foot and encourage suggestive selling.
- Assess guest satisfaction, resolve guest concerns and make improvements accordingly.
- Work with Human Resources on hiring processes for retail associates including application review, conducting interviews and completing paperwork.
- Create schedule, complete electronic time approval and monitor labor of retail associates.
- Assist with oversight of associate performance by providing direct supervision, professional development opportunities, performance appraisals, recognition and corrective counseling.
- Keep retail area clean and free of debris by performing light housekeeping duties.
- Clear sidewalks of snow and ice to guarantee to the safety of guests and associates, reporting any dangerous conditions to supervisor or maintenance.
- Ensure all department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules are followed at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, leadership skills and professional demeanor necessary to work with resort guests, associates and industry professionals.
- Ability to understand concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using Internet for web based research.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum (2) years experience in a sports apparel centered environment (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Traverse or maneuver items up to 50 pounds.
- Constant moving about retail areas in multiple locations, often in inclement weather
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now accepting applications for Fall Fest - don’t miss your chance to work and play here! Resort associates receive excellent discounts on the Adventure Park, Golf, Fitness, Meals, Retail and Spa!
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7311
Fax: (716) 355-6459
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!