Part Time - Year Round
The Security Guard is responsible for patrolling complex, responding to incidents, securing buildings, recovering lost items and maintaining a safe, guest friendly environment at the resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Patrol resort premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and buildings.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Act as a “First Responder” to security or safety incidents such as: first aid requests, theft complaints, disorderly persons, disturbances or alarms.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Follow protocol to notify police or fire departments in cases of emergency, as required.
- Enforce policies, procedures and safety regulations as determined by Peek ‘n Peak Resort, Scott Enterprises and applicable state / federal laws.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Escort individuals or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
- Write daily security log to report activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or in absence of hotel / maintenance associates.
- Attempt to recover lost or stolen items/equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to recognize a problem / implement a quick, effective solution.
- Ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing with adverse situations to ensure successful operation of facility.
- Effective communication skills to interact with guests and associates at all levels in a caring and professional manner.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Maintains a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other employees in a team effort.
- Advanced reading comprehension to interpret and explain documents such as policy, procedure and safety manuals.
- Perform computerized data entry, summarizing, reporting and writing/editing.
- Proven capacity to work independently in absence of supervision with focus on safety.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; vocational school or advanced training preferred.
- 1-2 years of prior security experienced strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, outdoor elements and freezing temperatures for extended periods of time. Security associates are advised to dress in layers to adjust to temperature changes.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Constant and frequent handling, reaching, maneuvering, and positioning oneself, etc.
- Able to transport or maneuver up to 100 pounds unassisted.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING for the spring/summer season – and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY!
Full/part time seasonal and year round positions are available, including: Adventure Park, Food & Beverage, Golf, Grounds Maintenance, Guest Services, Hotel/Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
NEW FOR JULY 2016: The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 4-10 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and dining at all Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Monday - Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7311