Pool Front Desk / Lifeguard in Training
Part Time - Year Round
The Pool Front Desk Associate - Lifeguard in Training will greet / register guests and handle cash / merchandise transactions as outlined in department or resort policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work at Pool Front Desk to register guests and handle cash / merchandise transactions.
- Field incoming phone calls / reservation requests / food orders using proper phone etiquette.
- Assist in creating a safe, pleasant and convenient environment for resort guests.
- Greet guests, ascertain wants or needs and answer questions regarding merchandise, pool complex or resort.
- Caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforce pool rules and regulations.
- Operate a cash register and / or POS system to compute sale prices, total purchases, process cash or credit payment and provide customer with proper sales receipt and change.
- Ensure accurate records of sales transactions and / or refunds in accordance with resort and department polices.
- Maintain knowledge of resort and department policies regarding payment, exchanges and security practices.
- Sets up displays or arranges merchandise on counters, tables or racks to promote sales.
- Monitor merchandise and pool area suspicious activity and follow appropriate protocol for theft, including notifying supervisor / security.
- Demonstrate a firm, fair, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain respect and cooperation.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool including: Pool Front Desk, Indoor/Outdoor Deck, Locker Rooms and Restroom facilities.
- Report any unsafe conditions/equipment to supervisor or facilities manager immediately.
- Cooperate / communicate with team members and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of the pool facility.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Attend and participate in all Mandatory Staff Meetings and Trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Good decision-maker.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely perform emergency rescue, as trained by ARC (American Red Cross) and AHA (American Heart Association).
- Ability to follow and accomplish technical and complex instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or a current student enrolled in high school or equivalent program; must be at least 16-years of age to meet ARC (American Red Cross) Certification Requirement
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Lifeguard certification is NOT REQUIRED to work in this role – however, candidates must be willing/able to obtain certification during next available onsite training course. Successful certification and completion of the following will be required to continue employment at Pool:
- ARC (American Red Cross) Lifeguarding Certification Required
- ARC (American Red Cross) First Aid Certification Required
- ARC (American Red Cross) CPR/AED for the Professional Lifeguard Certification Required
- Certification/Recertification may be offered in house by a licensed ARC (American Red Cross) trainer and participants must demonstrate ability to:
- Swim 300 yards consecutively (no time requirement – goggles allowed)
- Complete a 10-pound object retrieval: Swim 20 yards, then dive 7-10 ft to retrieve 10-lb object. Return with object and exit pool without using ladder or steps in 1 minute and 40 seconds (no goggles)
- Tread Water without using arms/hands for 2 minutes
- Pass written test scoring at least 80%
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and skill scenarios.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- When certified, must routinely perform all skills required for Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications and in-service trainings including, but not limited to: ability to lift a person off the bottom of pool and out of the water (average weight 150 lbs).
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time in outside air temperatures and conditions
- Outdoor weather conditions with little to no temperature control, is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat, cold, wind and rain; works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces and is periodically exposed to hazardous conditions/situations.
- While performing duties of this job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit (including in elevated chairs); use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms and hands.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now accepting applications for our summer season - don’t miss your chance to work and play here! Resort associates receive excellent discounts on the Adventure Park, Golf, Fitness, Meals, Retail and Spa!
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7311
Fax: (716) 355-6459
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!