Breakfast & Bar Cart or Pantry Cook I (Fine Dining)
Food & Beverage - Kitchen (Hotel) / YR
Full Time - Year Round
The Breakfast / Bar Cart or Pantry Cook is responsible for preparing cold / hot food products in accordance with resort specifications and exceeding guest expectations by maintaining consistent quality standards and working in a team environment to ensure a successful food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare all cold appetizers, sauces, salads, dressings and desserts for service orders, salad bar, buffets and banquets.
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, garnishing, heating soups / desserts, baking bread or brewing coffee / tea.
- Cook “made to order” food items for breakfast and bar service, including but not limited to: eggs, pancakes, fries, wings or burgers.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating equipment.
- Place food trays over warmers for immediate service or portion / store food in designated containers to prevent spoilage.
- Inspect food preparation areas to ensure safe / sanitary food-handling practices.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes or silverware and place in designated storage area.
- Place delivery items in the proper storage areas such as shelves and the walk-in cooler/freezer.
- Rotate food products to preserve quality and control waste.
- Empty trash and place dirty dishes and pans on racks or counters for cleaning in dishwasher area.
- Work in a team environment to deliver superior customer service and ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive, professional and respectful attitude toward guests, coworkers and management.
- Abide by department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of all trade secrets, keeping all recipes, policies and procedures confidential.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and comprehend oral / written instructions.
- Capable of effective and courteous communication with guests and associates of all levels.
- Ability read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6-months prior experience working in a hotel, resort or restaurant kitchen required.
- Enrollment in or successful completion of a technical culinary education or apprenticeship program preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
- Demonstrated competency to safely use kitchen equipment with sharp/moving parts, including but not limited to: knives, forks, slicers.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING for the summer season – and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY!
Full/part time seasonal and year round positions are available, including: Food & Beverage, Golf, Grounds Maintenance, Hotel/Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and dining at all Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Monday - Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141(716) 355-4141 ext. 7311