Grill Cook II
Food & Beverage - Kitchen (Hotel) / YR
Full Time - Year Round
The Grill Cook reports to the Sous Chef & Executive Chef to prepare food in accordance with resort specifications in a high volume, fast paced fine dining kitchen. The Grill Cook is responsible for exceeding guest expectations by maintaining consistent quality standards and working in a team environment to ensure a successful food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Produce a successful service in a while handling multiple priorities with a high degree of professionalism.
- Use complex cooking techniques to prepare meats, fish, vegetables and other foods in accordance with resort specifications.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as instructed using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Observe and test foods to determine if cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Plate all food items in accordance with guest orders and company specifications then places on line for pick-up.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as: equipment, work surfaces and serving areas to ensure safe / sanitary food-handling.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Work in a team environment to deliver superior customer service and ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of inventory and equipment, (2) enforce adherence to operating instructions and minimize misuse of supplies to ensure to re-usable goods are wasted (3) analyze supplies / equipment and associated expenses, including preventative maintenance (4) research, evaluate and purchase supplies / equipment as needed.
- Ensure confidentiality of all trade secrets, keeping all recipes, policies and procedures secure.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Punctuality and dependability and, if the need arises, willingness to work non-scheduled shifts.
- Proven ability to calmly multitask in a fast paced, high demand environment is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers in a courteous, caring and professional manner.
- Must possess superior leadership skills and demonstrate professionalism.
- Ability to follow directions and cook well with resort policies and standards in mind.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years progressive experience in a high volume hotel or resort kitchen with a focus on fine dining required.
- Successful completion of a technical culinary education or apprenticeship program preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Standing and walking are constant conditions.
- Frequent handling of objects, reaching, maneuvering and continually positioning of oneself to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to physically grasp and transport items up to 50 pounds, including kitchen supplies and dishware.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now accepting applications for our summer season - don’t miss your chance to work and play here! Resort associates receive excellent discounts on the Adventure Park, Golf, Fitness, Meals, Retail and Spa!
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7311
Fax: (716) 355-6459
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!