Housekeeper (Condo) *Minor Friendly*
Housekeeping / Bell Staff
Part Time - Year Round
The Housekeeping Team will clean private and resort owned condominium units as assigned while ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness/safety to provide a premiere lodging experience for homeowners and guests of Peek ‘n Peak Resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Clean condo units as assigned while ensuring standard of cleanliness/safety with direction from Hotel General Manager, Property Manager and Resort Housekeeping Supervisor(s).
- Use daily assignment boards and checklists to efficiently complete cleaning tasks from high to low
- priority within allotted minutes per room without compromising quality.
- Stock wheeled cart with cleaning supplies using designated sign out procedure. Fill and label chemical cleaning products as necessary. Transport cleaning supplies and linens/towels to assigned condo unit.
- Execute specific procedures for cleaning condo units during an overnight stay and check out.
- Pick up trash/debris, vacuum, empty wastebaskets and transport waste to disposal area.
- Scrub bathrooms using designated chemical products, including floor, sink, toilet and bathtub/shower.
- Polish wooden fixtures, including desks, dressers and night stands.
- Remove bed linens with each guest check out (or on guest request) and replace with laundered linens – no exceptions. Failure to remove bed linens after guest check out is a safety concern and will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Replenish supplies/toiletries and communicate product needs to manager/supervisor.
- Report damages, maintenance issues, pests or safety concerns to supervisor immediately for resolution. Follow outlined procedures to report/log guest items for prompt return.
- Removal of guest property (including alcohol) from condo units for personal use is strictly prohibited and will result in corrective counseling/termination.
- Deep clean carpet, ceilings, drapes, upholstered furniture, walls and windows appropriate chemical products and equipment when designated.
- Adhere to internal procedures for the use of chemical cleaners on designated materials/areas to maintain employee/guest safety and prevent damage.
- Comply with OSHA’s Blood Borne Pathogen and Hazard Communication/Safety Data Standards, including proper use of protective equipment when cleaning up blood or other potentially infectious materials and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Acknowledge and interact positively with guests, anticipate guest needs and respond promptly to answer questions or resolve concerns. If asked a question and unsure of the answer – find a team member who can help!
- Cooperate with appearance standards and dress code by wearing approved uniform on duty.
- Work as a unified team with Hotel/Condo Housekeeping, Laundry, Park Services and Bellstaff to ensure a superior lodging experience for resort guests and fulfill resort mission of ‘one mountain, one team.’
- Establish and maintain positive, productive working relationships with team members.
- Actively participate in team meetings and training/development programs, including sharing expertise with new hires.
- Report work related injuries immediately to manager/supervisor and Human Resources using appropriate Injury Report, even if not seeking medical attention.
- Read and understand contents of Resort Handbook. Comply with company, resort and departmental policies/procedures and federal/state laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Reliability, responsibility and dependability necessary to maintain high standards for productivity.
- Ability to accept critical feedback calmly and make required adjustments to work performance in an environment with high stress situations due to business demands.
- Communication skills to interact with guests/management, collaborate with team and express questions/concerns in a professional manner even in difficult situations.
- Cognitive capacity to gather information through observation and/or relevant sources and order that information into an order or pattern according to rules.
- Demonstrate integrity by making ethical and honest decisions in best interest of business.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with speed, detail and accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Accountability for personal/guest safety and adherence to departmental, company and OSHA policies/procedures for cleaning, safe chemical handling and potential risk of exposure to BBP/OPIM.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-year prior experience in housekeeping operations for a high volume hotel strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- (21+) with valid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required for associates designated to operate a resort housekeeping van.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing routine physical activities that require considerable use of arm/legs and entire body movement, such as bending, crouching, handling, kneeling, lifting (up to 50lbs), twisting and walking.
- Demonstrating stamina when completing routine and repetitive physical task over long periods of time.
- Extent flexibility is required, including the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with arms and body.
- Using abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly and continuously without fatigue. Handling and moving objects with hands and arms to use/move and manipulate.
- Periodic exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain etc.) during travel routes.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY! There are full/part time seasonal and year round positions available, including: Banquets, Kitchen, Restaurants, Grounds Maintenance, Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
Candidates interested in working for Food & Beverage or Culinary Teams are invited to participate in the following event:
Food & Beverage OPEN INTERVIEWS
Thursday, August 17 from 4pm-6pm
Bistro 210 at Peek 'n Peak Resort
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Human Resources Department
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 Ext. 7311