Housekeeper *Minor Friendly*
Housekeeping / Bell Staff
Part Time - Year Round
The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the Resort Hotel. The Housekeeping Team will report to the Executive Housekeeper and Hotel General Manager, with some direction from Hotel Department Managers as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain resort standards of cleanliness understanding and following pre-established guidelines and direction from manager or supervisor.
- Completes daily “travel route” to various hotel areas to ensure overall cleanliness of including rooms, restrooms, outlying areas and departments.
- Transport and carry cleaning supplies including housekeeping cart, vacuum and sanitizers to/from hotel areas and various resort outlets.
- Clean hotel rooms, common areas, restrooms, hallways, lounges and corridors to ensure health and quality standards are met.
- Pick up trash and debris, empty wastebaskets and transport waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing machines.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Wash windows, wall, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Replenish supplies, toiletries in restrooms and communicate the need for cleaning products to manager or supervisor.
- Respond to calls for spills / messes and ensure they are cleaned in a timely and safe manner.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and housekeeping equipment to guarantee a safe work environment and prevent damage.
- Responsible for contents of storage areas, including ensuring security and safety by maintaining a locked and tidy area.
- Report maintenance problems or damages immediately to manager or supervisor.
- Performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors.
- Cooperates with dress policy by wearing approved uniform and any necessary job-related safety equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with team members and associates and maintaining these over time.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess professional skills required to communicate appropriately with guests, coworkers and management.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with speed, detail and accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Must handle resort vehicles, work tools, and other property with extreme conscientious mind set in safety and taking all measures in prevention of any damage.
- Ability to read and follow instructions, safety rules and use proper chemical handling procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1 year experience in a housekeeping role required; experience working in a large facility or resort with multiple outlets preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and approved driving record authorized through company insurance provider required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain etc.) during travel routes.
- Constant walking through resort facilities, up/down stairs and frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling to clean designated areas.
- Manual dexterity – ability to move hand, hand together with arm and use both hands to quickly grasp or manipulate equipment.
- Must regularly traverse or maneuver housekeeping supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING for the summer season – and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY!
Full/part time seasonal and year round positions are available, including: Food & Beverage, Golf, Grounds Maintenance, Hotel/Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
NEW FOR JULY 2016: The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 4-10 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and dining at all Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Monday - Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141(716) 355-4141 ext. 7311