Administrative Assistant - Recreation
Adventure Park / Ropes Course
Part Time - Year Round
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the managers and supervisors of seasonal recreation departments (Snow Sports and Adventure Park) by overseeing duties in all of the following functional areas: recruitment, orientation, scheduling, payroll, data entry, reporting and seasonal exit interviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Participate in job fairs as a representative of Snow Sports School and Adventure Park to facilitate seasonal recruitment efforts.
- Assist Snow Sports Operations Manager with screening of applications to source qualified candidates.
- Prepare materials and attend employee orientations. Oversee accurate completion of paperwork and record availability / certifications.
- Oversee process for schedule adjustments and assist management with scheduling.
- Responsible for daily approval of associate time in Ceridian Time Solutions by deadline for payroll processing.
- Complete daily data entry for lesson tracking spreadsheet (winter season) and ensure submitted by deadline for payroll processing.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Payroll Departments to research any discrepancies in pay and reconcile inconsistencies.
- Field all requests for hours worked, wage requests, lesson information or questions regarding instructor privileges.
- Maintain working knowledge of company and departmental policies / operating procedures to answer questions or communicate issues to management as required.
- Answer telephone for in recreation offices and field calls as appropriate.
- Run daily or weekly reports and provide relevant data to Snow Sports Operations Manager or Mountain Operations Director as required.
- Monitor attendance and track late arrivals, early departures, call offs or no shows. Ensure compliance with recording missed punches using appropriate paperwork and submitting to Human Resources by established deadline.
- Distribute and track return of seasonal exit interviews for all recreation associates.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and associate / management requests in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail and capacity to produce accurate, efficient work in accordance with routine deadlines.
- Effective communication skills to interact with associates and guests at all levels in a courteous, caring and professional manner.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and internet research skills.
- Superior leadership skills and patience to answer questions, provide direction and address concerns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-year work experience working in Business Administration, Human Resources or Payroll (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 50% of the daily time is spent sitting at a desk and 50% of the time is spent walking through the facility.
- Periodically lifts and carries materials up to 50 pounds.
- Finger/hand manipulation approximately 50% of the time.
- Reaches for, handles, modifies, adjusts, or maneuvers when organizing and filling paperwork at floor, desk, and overhead levels.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is now accepting applications for Fall Fest - don’t miss your chance to work and play here! Resort associates receive excellent discounts on the Adventure Park, Golf, Fitness, Meals, Retail and Spa!
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7311
Fax: (716) 355-6459
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!