Lifeguard *Minor Friendly*
Part Time - Year Round
Lifeguards are responsible for guest safety while using indoor/outdoor pools, hot tub room, fitness room, (2) tennis courts and locker rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain constant surveillance and visually scan assigned area of responsibility every 10 seconds.
- Walk the area as required to monitor activities, provide instructions, and prevent accidents.
- Caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforce pool rules and regulations.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning by performing skills including, but not limited to: aquatic rescue, First Aid, CPR and contact of emergency medical services.
- Respond to all other illness and injury incidents around the entire pool facility immediately and appropriately.
- Demonstrate a firm, fair, consistent and courteous attitude in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool including: Deck, Aquatics Desk, Locker Rooms and Restroom facilities.
- Report any unsafe conditions/equipment to supervisor or facilities manager immediately.
- Perform pool chemical checks at designated times and keep accurate records of pool usage, chemical levels, pool closures etc.
- Rotate between lifeguarding duty and aquatics desk as required.
- While working at Aquatics Desk, register guests and handle cash / merchandise transactions as outline in Resort or Company policies.
- Attend and participate in all Mandatory Staff Meetings and Trainings.
- Cooperate / communicate with team members and adhere to rules / regulations to ensure successful operation of the pool facility.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Good decision-maker.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely perform emergency rescue, as trained by ARC (American Red Cross) and AHA (American Heart Association).
- Ability to follow and accomplish technical and complex instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or a current student enrolled in high school or equivalent program; must be at least 16-years of age to meet ARC (American Red Cross) Certification Requirement
- Prior aquatics/lifeguarding experience strongly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ARC (American Red Cross) Lifeguarding Certification Required
- ARC (American Red Cross) First Aid Certification Required
- ARC (American Red Cross) CPR/AED for the Professional Lifeguard Certification Required
- Certification/Recertification may be offered in house by a licensed ARC (American Red Cross) trainer and participants must demonstrate ability to:
- Swim 300 yards consecutively (no time requirement – goggles allowed)
- Complete a 10-pound object retrieval: Swim 20 yards, then dive 7-10 ft to retrieve 10-lb object. Return with object and exit pool without using ladder or steps in 1 minute and 40 seconds (no goggles)
- Tread Water without using arms/hands for 2 minutes
- Pass written test scoring at least 80%
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and skill scenarios.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must routinely perform all skills required for Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certifications and in-service trainings including, but not limited to: ability to lift a person off the bottom of pool and out of the water (average weight 150 lbs).
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time in outside air temperatures and conditions
- Outdoor weather conditions with little to no temperature control, is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat, cold, wind and rain; works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces and is periodically exposed to hazardous conditions/situations.
- While performing duties of this job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit (including in elevated chairs); use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms and hands.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business need).
Peek 'n Peak Resort is NOW HIRING for the summer season – and there is no better place to WORK and PLAY!
Full/part time seasonal and year round positions are available, including: Food & Beverage, Golf, Grounds Maintenance, Hotel/Housekeeping, Pool, Spa Retail, Management and More!
The Resort provides employment opportunities for ages 14+ and these positions are identified as *Minor Friendly* on the website. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a valid New York State Work Permit; applications are available by contacting Human Resources.
NEW FOR JULY 2016: The PGA Tour and LECOM Health will host the Web.Com Tour from July 4-10 at Peek ‘n Peak Resort. Hospitality professionals are invited to gain career defining experience by working this global sporting event which will be televised on the Golf Channel.
Employees receive excellent discounts on recreational activities at Peek ‘n Peak Resort and dining at all Scott Enterprise owned properties!
Find your seasonal job (or lifetime career!) by scrolling down the page and clicking your preferred job title to submit an application online. The job opportunities listed on www.PKNPK.com are all currently available; unlisted positions are no longer available.
Depending on business need, the length of time for our hiring process may vary and we appreciate your patience. There are often multiple employment opportunities available and we are working diligently to find you the perfect fit. We appreciate your interest and invite you to check the website frequently for new employment opportunities!
Monday - Saturday 8am-5pm
Phone: (716) 355-4141 ext. 7312
Job Hotline: (716) 355-4141(716) 355-4141 ext. 7311